Pork Loin Cooking Times/Temps

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atlantayinzer

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Hey Everyone,

My wife has tasked me with smoking 2 boneless pork loins tomorrow. I have never tried these before and was wondering what temperature I should set MES, what should IT be & approximately how long would that take for two 1.5 lb loins.
Any guidance/insight is appreciated.

-Roman

Atlanta, I'm no expert I just got my smoker for Christmas. I smoked a pork loin that we just happened to have in the fridge day after Christmas. It was about 1.5lbs. I pulled it at 155 foiled it and let it rest for a half hour or so. The meat turned out great. It took about 2-1/2 hrs and I kept my smoker at about 215. Good luck to ya

1.5 lbs would be a very small chunk of loin.

Sure you don't have a couple of "tenderloins" there?  That would be a totally different animal! Or maybe a small pork sirloin roast?

Please post a pic so we can see?

As to time?  That would go in a heartbeat even in smoking terms for such a small amount of meat?

Don't cook to time, cook to internal temp!

I would recommend 130 to 140 for that small piece of meat.  With a rest they should reach the required 145.

Then again?  If your family thinks pork should be cremated?

Another problem altogether?

Good luck and good smoking.

1.5 lbs would be a very small chunk of loin.

Sure you don't have a couple of "tenderloins" there?  That would be a totally different animal! Or maybe a small pork sirloin roast?

Please post a pic so we can see?

As to time?  That would go in a heartbeat even in smoking terms for such a small amount of meat?

Don't cook to time, cook to internal temp!

I would recommend 130 to 140 for that small piece of meat.  With a rest they should reach the required 145.

Then again?  If your family thinks pork should be cremated?

Another problem altogether?

Good luck and good smoking.
Yep, 1.5lbs each sounds like a package of tenderloins, and they won't take very long to smoke.

I normally take pork to 145 internal and let it carry over to about 150ish.   It's a happy medium for those who are squeamish about seeing red/pink pork.     :)

Hey Everyone,

It was Tenderloins, my mistake.  Thanks for the advice.  Cooked them like wilk7j recommended and they came out great.  
Thanks again!

-Roman

th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky