Pork for Work BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmardock

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Orangevale, CA
I am going to be smoking some pulled pork for a bbq at work this Friday. I'm not sure of the best way to serve it hot. Should I cook it ahead of time and re-heat it in a slow-cooker, or should I try and time it so that I take it to work while it's still hot from the smoker?
I know I can always keep it hot for several hours with foil and blankets, but I'm worried about it not being done on time if there's a longer than expected stall. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I would definitely cook ahead of time and then use a method to warm it at work. If you are talking a large number of people then a crock pot type warming device might not have enough volume unless you have several crock pots. If you are doing all the meat yourself then you could ask several co-workers to bring crock pots the day of. That way you would be able to warm enough meat at one time. I hope that you cook goes off successfully.

George

Cooler and blankets will keep it hot for 4 hours. As long as you aren’t off on your timing by 4 hours you will be good. It’s the next best thing to a cambro which is what caterers use to keep their food warm.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky