Pork for Work BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmardock

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Orangevale, CA
I am going to be smoking some pulled pork for a bbq at work this Friday. I'm not sure of the best way to serve it hot. Should I cook it ahead of time and re-heat it in a slow-cooker, or should I try and time it so that I take it to work while it's still hot from the smoker?
I know I can always keep it hot for several hours with foil and blankets, but I'm worried about it not being done on time if there's a longer than expected stall. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I would definitely cook ahead of time and then use a method to warm it at work. If you are talking a large number of people then a crock pot type warming device might not have enough volume unless you have several crock pots. If you are doing all the meat yourself then you could ask several co-workers to bring crock pots the day of. That way you would be able to warm enough meat at one time. I hope that you cook goes off successfully.

George

Cooler and blankets will keep it hot for 4 hours. As long as you aren’t off on your timing by 4 hours you will be good. It’s the next best thing to a cambro which is what caterers use to keep their food warm.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky