Pork Butt Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Pulled a butt from freezer that need to be used up. Decided on ham. Used Dave's injection. Smoked low on RecTec for 2 hours than 225 for about 6 hours until 160. Heated some up in the Sous Vide and took down to the river for friends with tater salad. Was a little rainy but not much and only couple people where there and just sent it home with them so no pic's. We are hurting bad for rain and that did not even wet the ground.

20221007_160301.jpg
20221009_075847.jpg 20221009_075855.jpg
20221009_080449.jpg 20221009_081415.jpg

Looks good
Thanks Jim
Nice Brian, I have to do this soon
Nothing like have your own ham in the freezer when ever you want or need some for a meal

David
Thanks David. After throwing out a bunch of frozen cooked food I decided no more freezing cooked food. I just never seem to get around to it. I am now giving left overs away to friends.
That's some good looking stuff Brian. I'd have happily taken some of that off your hands :emoji_wink:

Robert
Tanks Robert. Hope you getting some relaxing time in now. Weather finally getting a little cooler but need rain desperately!
looks great!!
Thanks.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks good!

We had the driest Summer ever and then September came and it started raining and some of it were these crazy isolated t-storms that dumped in some places inches of rain in just a couple of hours and less than a mile away from those storms almost nothing.One storm dumped over 8" of rain in a few isolated spots.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Nice job on that ham Brian, the thinner you can slice it the more flavor it'll have. I'd bet your friends are pretty thrilled with the chow you hand out to them, just remember, the sous vide can make leftovers taste as good as the first time, and food ain't cheap these days. RAY

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky