pork butt finishing question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

strecker25

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
So my 2 pork butts are at 170 and 182 IT.  I would really like to get some of the bark back that will be lost in the foil theyre in right now.  Has anyone ever put them back on the smoker uncovered after they reach 205 at like 250-260 smoker temp for a few minutes to crispen them back up?  My only concern is that it will dry the butts back out.  any input is appreciated.

thanks

Never tried it,

Try it with one and see how it comes out.

I like to stick them in the oven to finish.  Take off the foil and you can get the bark will dry out a bit.  I like eman's idea to leave one wrapped and one unwrapped.

Since you have 2 butts, try one with finishing sauce and one without.

Todd

Last edited:
It's your butt we're talking about here.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'll agree with those two intelligent young men who posted before me,

Bear

Definitely doing one with finishing sauce and one without, i think ill try to get the bark back on one of them also.  ill let you guys know what happens

thanks agian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky