Pork Belly Plait (Braid)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lights out! Gonna be getting a pork
Belly from my pig farming friends to try this for sure!

Scott

You guys are absolutely trying to kill me, Now that I have perfected my Pork Belly Burnt Ends, the last thing I needed was yet another excuse and method for each pork belly! But dang that just looks way to good to not try, very cool presentation when you want to impress someone.

Next week I will post a link for my Go fund me page, for my cardiologist bill.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Costco also sells thick slices of pork belly that could be tied together and used instead of cutting up a slab. A couple of the guys on the Youtube vids did it that way.

Very awesome. I know what is going on my list to do here soon :)

I'm thinking I may smoke one or 2 and grill 1.

I'm thinking 1 cured and smoked bacon style, 1 smoked BBQ style, and 1 grilled like korean marinated and chile rubbed pork belly flavor :D

As for rendering the fat, was it just too fatty for your tastes or was there something going on that made you want to render the fat more?

Keep in mind that with that much fat still on the meat, it's going to be pretty rich. My stomach would have liked it to be a bit leaner.

All 3 of those look awesome. Like others here. I've never scene a pork belly braid before.

Thanks for sharing with us.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky