Pork and beef ribs help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Njpmoose

Original poster
Jul 15, 2018
Good morning all, I have some beef short ribs and a rack of spare ribs. I usually smoke my pork ribs with the 3-2-1 method at 225 and my beef ribs hotter at 275. Id like to cook both at the same time. Any advice on temp of smoker?

Reactions: JLeonard
250F and plan to reduce the cook time for the 3:2:1 ribs. Even at 225, 3:2:1 can lead to slightly overcooked ribs if the intent is to still have some 'tug' when biting meat off the bones.
I don't have a lot of experience with beef ribs, so I'll defer to those who do.

Reactions: Humo18
would it change time for the ribs?
I never did the 321 method, I just let them roll with no wrap which usually takes around 6 hours give or take, but I would have to guess with the 321 they would get done a little quicker.

Like mentioned, doing at 250 would be easiest choice. Kinda depends on if you like trying new methods...throw them on at 275 with no wrap and see how you like them. We like our ribs with some bite and actually love them on kettle, no wrap, running at 300, cuz that's where it likes to run. Not sure on time, don't think I paid much attention to that.

Ryan

I would just set it at 250 and call it good
This! For the spares, consider skipping the 3.2.1.,. I do all pork ribs without wrapping spritzing or messing. Plus it will keep the lid closed much more which will help the beef ribs too

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky