Pocket scales

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oceantoad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 26, 2022
Who on here not only weighs their spices, but uses a pocket scale for the lighter ones. What pocket scale do you recommend? ⚖

Just so happened I already had a digital reloading scale that weighs in grains and also grams down to a hundredth, so it doubles as my spice/cure scale.

OK, so I am on the right track. Outstanding! Thanks guys.

Reactions: zwiller
Thanks for posting these scales suggestions...just made my first batch of summer sausage -- meh -- my wife's weight watcher's digital couldn't measure some of the leafy spices like marjoram -- a 9g bottle still showed 0.0g -- sigh -- so I appreciate this thread and those who contributed. I know my sausage is also gonna taste meh -- until I get something more reliable. Thanks guys ! R

Reactions: zwiller
for those that have these, did you get one with a calibration weight and a little pan to put the spices? or is there some easy thing to use like a nickle than can be used as a weight?

20221231_182241.jpg

Calibration weights to the lower left of the pan.

Reactions: DougE
My reloading scale also came with check weights. I do use a different pan than the one I use for powder, though.

Both of mine came with calibration weight. Be nicer to have a 1 gram reference than only the 50g cal.
Left my original scale at home so ordered a new one. Comes with 2 pans and is pocket sized.
THINKSCALE

edit simplified link

Last edited:
for those that have these, did you get one with a calibration weight and a little pan to put the spices? or is there some easy thing to use like a nickle than can be used as a weight?
YES. A (new) nickel weighs exactly 5 grams. It's best to bracket your weight range, meaning a verification below your weight, and above your weight means your weight should be spot on.
View attachment 653026
Calibration weights to the lower left of the pan.
:emoji_sunglasses: Accuracy at it's finest.

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky