Pizza play time.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Well Friday I got the old snip snip done, and have been stuck sitting in a chair for a couple days going crazy. Had two packets of meijer pizza dough where you just add water so figured I’d make some pizzas to see how this stuff was. I also whipped up another dough for a bbq chicken pizza just because I was so bored. The meijer crust was decent. Nothing compared to dough I usually make a day ahead but better than a frozen pizza. And the simple recipe I found for the bbq chicken pie was ok also it blew up once we baked it though. Here are some pics. Now I can’t wait to get some going on the kettle again once it’s decent out

Here is the dough from scratch really easy
7C30D352-29AF-42D4-B727-466D80BC3C1A.jpeg

All rolled out.

107CF76C-7794-498F-A334-FD843F7F1401.jpeg
Bbq sauce and toppings on B960B77F-CC30-4C08-B2CE-2E2192296980.jpeg

Pulled out and topped with cilantro
058E1F73-C782-4333-B5D9-0B5033440C76.jpeg

Here were the meijer crusts. Not bad all you do is mix the bag with water, let it sit for 5 minutes then pre bake the crust pull it out, top it and throw it back in.
0D306B1A-B526-4B85-96D5-69A22E4EDDA5.jpeg 31D95796-4D25-4250-86E2-402126D0BE4E.jpeg

Thanks for looking

I’m not ashamed to admit I use Raley’s pizza dough or raw dough bought from local pizza joints. It’s just so darned easy. Your pizzas look fantastic.

On another note, follow the post op instructions closely and you’ll have no issues. Yeah, you get bored but it’s better than an infection or other complications. I know guys with crazy horrible stories that are just nuts.

That's a fine lookin' pie, and there's some fun to be had after that minor surgery, I played 18 the day after mine, tho men were most likely a bit tougher back then. :emoji_laughing: What's with the BBQ sauce on a pizza? That some kind of typo oversight? At least there's no pineapple! RAY

That's a fine lookin' pie, and there's some fun to be had after that minor surgery, I played 18 the day after mine, tho men were most likely a bit tougher back then. :emoji_laughing: What's with the BBQ sauce on a pizza? That some kind of typo oversight? At least there's no pineapple! RAY
Thanks ray. No typo though it is a bbq chicken pizza. Use bbq sauce (I like SBR) the top it with chicken, cheese, red onion, a little bacon and cilantro. Of course you can top it with whatever you want. You have to try it. I sometime even mix in franks to make it more of a Buffalo chicken pizza.

I’m not ashamed to admit I use Raley’s pizza dough or raw dough bought from local pizza joints. It’s just so darned easy. Your pizzas look fantastic.

On another note, follow the post op instructions closely and you’ll have no issues. Yeah, you get bored but it’s better than an infection or other complications. I know guys with crazy horrible stories that are just nuts.
Thanks Sven I agree they are easy. It’s hard to find one I like. Growing up my mom would get some she would freeze and I loved them. Need to ask her where she got them from and keep a bunch on hand

Haha I’m glad it’s winter and I’m not tempted to go golf

Nice lookin pizzas . I've had BBQ chicken pizza a couple times , but never made one . Might have to give it a shot . Nice work .

That pizza is a cut above the rest. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Very interesting combination of very interesting pizzas. they all look great from my vantage point. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite so can I just have a couple slices of each please :emoji_laughing: I'll bring the beer....

Robert

Congrats on the neutering. Had mine about 5 yrs ago. Still going strong and no kids.

Those pies look great! And BBQ pizza is great. Actually, ordered one from a local mom and pop place here in town yesterday. They get their meat from a local BBQ place in town.

Jim

Looks great. Bbq chicken pizza is one of my favs for sure. I’ve always used the same combo of ingredients with the exception of the cilantro. Being a. Ima tri lover I’ll toss it on next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky