Pizza night!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those look insane!

Never did replace our bread machine after the last one finally died.Going to have get around to doing that sooner than later.
Save your money and buy a Kitchen Aid mixer they are 10X more versatile than a bread machine.
One of our wedding presents was a top of the line Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Bread Machine. We used it for maybe 6 months then it got put away, and we only used it 1-2x a year after that. Then we got a Kitchen Aid mixer and it stayed in the cabinet until we moved then we donated it to the church to give to a needy family....I don't miss that thing one bit and my dough and bread and pizza turn out much, much better using the K.A mixer.
(Buy one of the heavy duty commercial models if you plan on using it for dough or grinding meat).

Just a thought.
Dan

Last edited:
I missed this last week, but those Pizzas look incredible Steve. Nice work all around. We have a Kitchen Aid heavy duty mixer. The Mrs. got one for the holidays last year. Never used it to make pizza or bread dough, only cookies, etc. Good idea, I'll have to see if that's an option since it's not mine. lol.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
I missed this last week, but those Pizzas look incredible Steve. Nice work all around. We have a Kitchen Aid heavy duty mixer. The Mrs. got one for the holidays last year. Never used it to make pizza or bread dough, only cookies, etc. Good idea, I'll have to see if that's an option since it's not mine. lol.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike
Whatever you do don't mix dough over the 2 or 3 speed, or else it's hard on the motor.
I've been mixing pizza and bread dough with ours for well over a yr and 8 months of the yr it was mixing up two batches per week so don't be afraid of using it they can take it, no problem at all.

Good Luck.
Dan

Reactions: MJB05615
Whatever you do don't mix dough over the 2 or 3 speed, or else it's hard on the motor.
I've been mixing pizza and bread dough with ours for well over a yr and 8 months of the yr it was mixing up two batches per week so don't be afraid of using it they can take it, no problem at all.

Good Luck.
Dan
Thanks for the advice. If we get to try this, I'll let you know how it went. We love this mixer, it's the 6 qt upgraded over the 5 qt.

Mike

Those are some good looking pies Steve! I like the "proper" browned cheese pizza, when we order out, we ask for 'well done" to get that. When we make them in the grill I cook them the same way. I have tried making dough 3 different times with 3 different recipes and didn't like any of them, they all seemed want burn compared to the fresh dough I get at the super market.

Save your money and buy a Kitchen Aid mixer they are 10X more versatile than a bread machine.
One of our wedding presents was a top of the line Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Bread Machine. We used it for maybe 6 months then it got put away, and we only used it 1-2x a year after that. Then we got a Kitchen Aid mixer and it stayed in the cabinet until we moved then we donated it to the church to give to a needy family....I don't miss that thing one bit and my dough and bread and pizza turn out much, much better using the K.A mixer.
(Buy one of the heavy duty commercial models if you plan on using it for dough or grinding meat).

Just a thought.
Dan
I have no doubt about the KA mixer's abilities. But a decent bread machine will set you back a touch over 100.00 A kitchen aid is much more $$$. Plus. A bread machine does it all with little fudge factor.
Don't get me wrong. I wish I had a kitchen aid. I have a Sunbeam stand mixer. Love it. But it is not as versatile as a KA.

Reactions: forktender
Those are some good looking pies Steve! I like the "proper" browned cheese pizza, when we order out, we ask for 'well done" to get that. When we make them in the grill I cook them the same way. I have tried making dough 3 different times with 3 different recipes and didn't like any of them, they all seemed want burn compared to the fresh dough I get at the super market.
Thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky