PIZZA NIGHT AGAIN!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks awesome Al! Now I want pizza! LOL!!

Thank you, I appreciate it!
Al

Looks great!
It's gotten so that we're doing pizza about once a week also...
I've never tried the fresh Mozz approach. I need to try it....

Thank you SM!
Yes the fresh Mozz does make a difference!
Al

Great looking pizza Al. . .

Thank you my friend!
Al

Really good looking Pizzas Al.

What temp were you cooking at?

All charcoal or did you use splits, also?

Like.

Thank you Jack!
The grill was at about 500-600 degrees, and I used all wood splits.
I started with a small coal bed of charcoal & put a couple of splits on top.
When they got going good I put the pizza in.
Al

Magnifico!

Gracious Amigo!!
Al

Every man needs a good Judy. I'm glad you found yours. You're in good hands.

Murph

Thanks Murph!
Your right, I’m a lucky man!!
Al

Some good looking Pizza's Al, Judy. I could eat it everyday. I love cold pizza the next day for breakfast.

Thanks Brian!
I’m with you, I like it cold for breakfast too!
Al

Reactions: one eyed jack
Beautiful Al!! I too really like the simplicity of these. We've dialed back the number of toppings used when we do pizzas Used to be everything we had on hand. Now it's down to just a couple things. If done correctly, a great pie can be had without having to load it up.

We both decided that we should make a pizza at least once a week!

Too funny!! I did a pizza Friday and we came to the same conclusion. For this one the dough, sauce, pepperoni, and spicy Italian sausage were all homemade. Added some onions and green bell peppers. This was one good pizza....all of which I learned how to do from the forum :emoji_wink:
001.jpg

Thanks for sharing,
Robert

Reactions: forktender
Excellent looking pies Al!

Thanks Steve!!
Al

Beautiful Al!! I too really like the simplicity of these. We've dialed back the number of toppings used when we do pizzas Used to be everything we had on hand. Now it's down to just a couple things. If done correctly, a great pie can be had without having to load it up.

Too funny!! I did a pizza Friday and we came to the same conclusion. For this one the dough, sauce, pepperoni, and spicy Italian sausage were all homemade. Added some onions and green bell peppers. This was one good pizza....all of which I learned how to do from the forum :emoji_wink:
View attachment 627946

Thanks for sharing,
Robert

That is a fine looking pizza Robert!
It’s funny because I think the last time I made a pizza in the kettle was last winter, and Judy & I just looked at each other & couldn’t believe we waited this long.
Al

Thank you Jack!
The grill was at about 500-600 degrees, and I used all wood splits.
I started with a small coal bed of charcoal & put a couple of splits on top.
When they got going good I put the pizza in.
Al

Thanks for the comeback Al. I've been looking at the Pizza Kettle for over 10 years without pulling the trigger.

Thinking that it's time to take the plunge.

You won’t be disappointed Jack, they really make a killer pizza, and the wood flavor really comes thru.
Al

Reactions: one eyed jack
Great looking pies Al! That KA Neapolitan pizza dough flour is my go to. Stuff is so good. For a quick weeknight pie try out

3 cups KA flour
1 packet instant yeast
1 TBS EVOO
2 TBS parm cheese
1 tsp pink sea salt
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup water

Throw it in the stand mixer with the dough hook until it gets to the right consistency. Let it sit on the counter until it rises a little maybe an hour or so. Stretches out amazing and makes two large pies. 425 oven for 15 min and you are good to go.

Reactions: SmokinAl
It's only morning and I already want some of that Al. We started our pizza making from scratch last fall. I'm still havomg a bit of trouble getting the thin crust done without the very thin middle being a tad underdone. Guess I just have to make more. Tough job but what the heck, at least we get to eat the results!

Awesome as always Al! Those look incredible! We love pizza….I have my next thing to get with the Webber Pizza!

Looks great Al. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!
Al
Great looking pies Al! That KA Neapolitan pizza dough flour is my go to. Stuff is so good. For a quick weeknight pie try out

3 cups KA flour
1 packet instant yeast
1 TBS EVOO
2 TBS parm cheese
1 tsp pink sea salt
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup water

Throw it in the stand mixer with the dough hook until it gets to the right consistency. Let it sit on the counter until it rises a little maybe an hour or so. Stretches out amazing and makes two large pies. 425 oven for 15 min and you are good to go.
Thank you & thank you for the recipe
Al
It's only morning and I already want some of that Al. We started our pizza making from scratch last fall. I'm still havomg a bit of trouble getting the thin crust done without the very thin middle being a tad underdone. Guess I just have to make more. Tough job but what the heck, at least we get to eat the results!
Judy usually starts the pies out in a pan, then about halfway thru she puts it right on the stone and that cooks the bottom right away, have fun!!
Al
Awesome as always Al! Those look incredible! We love pizza….I have my next thing to get with the Webber Pizza!
Thank you, you won’t be disappointed with the kettle pizza.
Al

Judy & I were looking thru a King Arthur catalog & this recipe was in there.
View attachment 627871
We just liked the simplicity of the pizza & decided we would make a couple for us. We loosely followed the recipe. She already had the dough made & frozen. So we thawed it out & rolled it down to pretty thin.

View attachment 627872

She drizzled them with EVOO, and started to build the pies. She mixed some pizza flavoring & pizza seasoning to the sauce & spread it on, then the mozzarella & basil.

View attachment 627873
View attachment 627878

Next into the pizza oven, she started it in a pan, then the last minute or so she put it right on the stone.

View attachment 627874

It only took about 3 or 4 minutes to get done, then we put the second one in while we ate the first one.
Judy drizzled a bit more EVOO & some fresh basil on them after they were cooked!

View attachment 627875
View attachment 627876
View attachment 627877

They both came out really good. Nice & light with plenty of flavor, and burnt around the edge, with a crispy, chewy bottom! We both decided that we should make a pizza at least once a week!
Thanks for looking folks!!
Al
Al, the pizza looks great. I do have to ask if there was Malt or sugar in the dough recipe? If so, I bet if she cut the malt or sugar amount down to 1/4 of what she used that it wouldn't get as toasty around the edges, unless that's how you like your pie's.

Back when I was eating carbs, we made pizza every Friday night, pretty much. I miss pizza more than any other carb, by far, but I'm down 45 pounds from where I was just 4 months ago, only 5 more LBS to be back at my old fighting weight. When I reach my goal, I'm eating pizza at least once a month. LOL!!!

View attachment 627946

Thanks for sharing,
Robert
To me, the best pizza in the world is the most basic and traditional Naples style pie.

1649240364862.png

Al, the pizza looks great. I do have to ask if there was Malt or sugar in the dough recipe? If so, I bet if she cut the malt or sugar amount down to 1/4 of what she used that it wouldn't get as toasty around the edges, unless that's how you like your pie's.

Back when I was eating carbs, we made pizza every Friday night, pretty much. I miss pizza more than any other carb, by far, but I'm down 45 pounds from where I was just 4 months ago, only 5 more LBS to be back at my old fighting weight. When I reach my goal, I'm eating pizza at least once a month. LOL!!!

To me, the best pizza in the world is the most basic and traditional Naples style pie.

View attachment 628341

Actually it looked burnt, but didn’t taste burnt. We haven’t used the kettle pizza setup in a while, and with a few adult beverages, the temp may have got away from us a bit! I also agree with you on the pizza, I think we just found our new favorite.
Al

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky