Pizza Dough With Only Two Pretty Common Ingredients

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

801driver

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 10, 2013
East of Tulsa, OK
I did not find this posted, my apologies if I missed it. I make a lot of different kinds of Pizzas to cook in the oven, grill, and on the griddle. Make them up and eat some, bag the rest to freeze for quick meals. I have been buying the longer round tube of store pizza dough in the biscuit section in stores forever, but never again.

I found this initially out on a griddling site,

I then started looking and found it elsewhere also. My pizza pans for the oven are 16". One store bought roll is made for a square pan and is spread pretty thin after getting it round, have to work to get it covered. I then tried this:

Two cups of plain old self rising flour in a bowl and added two cups of Greek Yogurt (It is a little thicker % wise than plain yogurt.) Blend that together to form a ball. I have also tried adding a pinch of salt and a pinch of garlic powder to blend in, or you can sprinkle on later, and it works well without it, but a little bland. Blend that together to form a ball and let it sit 10-15 min while getting toppings ready.

Roll it out like like any other pizza dough or pie crust, sprinkling a little flour to prevent sticking.
I was amazed how easy it was, how the texture and taste to me equaled a $3.50+ store bought pizza dough roll. Two cups each actually came out a little thicker in my 16" pans for the oven. I used one cup of each for a couple small "personal sized" thin crust ones for the griddle for a snack. I am sure they would fit in a cast iron skillet also with you adjusting quantieties for thick or thin crust. I suggest you give it a try and post any comments you have.

Added: In a quick pinch, I have also used large sized flour tortillas for a quick griddle very thin crust Mexican pizzas also, be sure to have your toppings hot when putting them on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky