• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pitboss 350 fan keeps running

Jasonl636

Joined Aug 22, 2020
as soon as I plug my grill it the fan starts running even when switch is off. 2nd problem. Thought I had bad igniter bc it was not heating up to ignite pellets. Installed new igniter and same problem. Bad new igniter? I have double checked all my connections. Any help would be appreciated

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
I think you've done all you can do. Sounds like a short somewhere. Pitboss customer service is operated by dansons who makes Louisiana grills. Customer service is great. 5 year warranty. Give them a call. You probably need a new controller

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
agree with Jake, i have a pitboss and had a little trouble with my controller, 1 call and they sent a new one

aminmohmed11

Joined Apr 29, 2020
You most likely had a flame out but still had hot ambers in your pot. You should of cleaned the pot out and went thru a start up cycle. When you dumped pellets in the hopper it was feeding at max rate to get up to temp and over filled your pot due to the start up cycle not being started the hot rod was not igniting. The hot embers probably caught your pellets on fire and you had a huge flare up. During this was probably the time when it was poring out smoke. But it explains why you had half burned pellets in the bottom.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

Last edited:

aminmohmed11

Joined Apr 29, 2020
I don't have a pit boss but in my experience going from a high to low setting takes a long time. Especially if its the highest setting to lowest setting, which is probably the smoke setting. On mine the "P" is only available in the smoke mode and it says it just adjusts how much smoke you want, P1 least smoke, P4 most smoke.

Jasonl636

Joined Aug 22, 2020
Tried emailing, they sent a auto reply saying they would be in touch, week later nothing. Tried calling was on hold 40 min 1st time, second time 1hr 28 min. I gave up and took a chance and ordered new controller and its working great. I will never buy pit boss again just based on their customer service, or lack there of.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.