Pineapple Jalapeno Hot Sauce.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
I have been wanting to makd a hot sauce just to try it so today I did. Very simple recipe of Jalapeno peppers, a pineapple, onion, garlic, lime juice apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper.
Pureed it sll up and cooked it for a bit. I got 9 5oz bottles I will give to the guys at work tomorrow. Hopefully they will like it.
Has quite a bite to it.
Thanks gor looking.

Link

Attachments

• 20180805_144139.jpg
    20180805_144139.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20180805_161442.jpg
    20180805_161442.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 15335036304125860718318875088950.jpg
    15335036304125860718318875088950.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 48
My kinda hot sauce for tacos and all! This one need to be refridgerated? <And how do I bribe ya into slipping some my way? LOL>

Thanks, I was thinking tacos as well. From what I have read should be good in the fridge for 3+ months.

Last edited:
Link

This combination sounds real good man!
I am still waiting for my Thai chilies to get hot ... 2 weeks of rain did not help...

Thanks, I was thinking tacos as well. From what I hzve read should be good in the fridge for 3+ months.
Ahh that's plenty of time then. I know some hot sauces don't last well outside of a fridge <Like Sriracha, alot of people don't know it, but you really need to refridgerate it or..it just loses flavour etc>

Thanks for the comments. I gave it all out (kept one for me) to the guys at work. Now I just have to wait and see what they think of it. I told them to give honest review of how it is.

I have gotten a few results from the guys.
1. On a scale of 1 to 10 for Heat it is about a 5 (just what I was shooting for)
2. Flavor is really good and the Pineapple comes through.
3. Thickness of the sauce is just right, not to runny.
4. Packaging was great, they all liked the bottles and how they were sealed. Bottles have the shaker top so it does not just pour out.

So, I would say for my first try at hot sauce this was a success. I am pretty happy with it.

Link

Looks and sounds great link. I think that be good over a meatloaf.

Point for sure.

Chris

Sounds worth trying since you don’t deliver. What are the details of this recipe? Thanks

Sounds worth trying since you don’t deliver. What are the details of this recipe? Thanks
I found this recipe and then modified it. I know, you are supposed to follow the recipe but I wanted to make a bigger batch and just improvised. On the plus side, It came out really well. On the negative side, I did not really keep track of what I added so I cannot duplicate exactly.

Hope you try it and it comes out well for you
Link

Ingredients
  • 5-6 habanero peppers coarsely chopped (I used 2 lbs of Jalapeno peppers, Habeneros are more heat than I wanted)
  • 2 cups chopped pineapple (I Used one whole pineapple)
  • 1 handful cilantro leaves rinsed (I did not have any cilantro so I left it out)
  • Juice from 1 lime (I used 3 small limes)
  • 1 cup white vinegar (Started with 1 1/2 cups and added until I got the taste I wanted)
  • ½ teaspoon salt (added to taste)
Instructions
  1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
  2. Add to a pot and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
  3. Cool and strain, if desired. If you want a chunkier hot sauce, skip the straining. Or, strain and add a bit of the pulp back in to your desired consistency.
  4. Pour into bottles and refrigerate until ready to use!

Reactions: dr k and rometown
I've made sauces in the same manner....In this case time is your friend. After a year in the fridge it will taste fantastic.....I know because I forgot about some home made hot sauce in the back of the fridge for two years and when I tried it the flavor was amazing.....I bet a year would have been plenty of time.

When the hot sauce was fresh it had quite a bite.....time mellowed it out so much that it was well worth the wait! It really did age like wine......

Reactions: BDASPNY
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky