Pigs ears in a Sichuan style.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nope. I just remembered it was really good.Had green onions andsome brown sauce that was absolutly wonderfull. The sad thing was when I went to go back a few months later it was a pizza place :(     And NO, I never saw her again. That probably made us both a bit happy LOL. Her more than me in all honesty
laugh1.gif

Nope. I just remembered it was really good.Had green onions andsome brown sauce that was absolutly wonderfull. The sad thing was when I went to go back a few months later it was a pizza place :(     And NO, I never saw her again. That probably made us both a bit happy LOL. Her more than me in all honesty
laugh1.gif
Vegetarians are a humourless bunch! When I  go to the big yum cha ( dim sum ) places there are always carts that blow straight past you without asking because they assume you will freak out at the contents. I am the guy who says "We could at least try the (insert offal dish here)"  with the rest of the table all shaking heads collectively going not today Mick or eat it on your own big guy. I once had to eat a whole serve of ducks feet with my friends watching on in a mix of horror & amazement.Waiter was impressed!.

Funny I just watched the ChengDu episode (catching up on foxtel IQ) as well and googled for some recipes. Spicy pig ear is one of my favourite dishes from "Zhu MaMa". I can get plain ears cooked from the local Chinese Bbq shop and was going to try to just make my own spicy dressing with coriander roughly following the recipe at http://kake.dreamwidth.org/129683.html but after seeing you boiled them yourself, I might ask the butchers and give it a go too.
As for yum cha favourites - spicy beef tendon is right up there! Perhaps you can get others to try that as it doesn't look feet shaped?

I live only 5 minutes from Ashfield & my office is in Goulburn street. Pretty handy for Asian eating. I poached them because that was what I saw on TV  I think its a good start to soften them up. That beef tendon is good stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky