pickled polish sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newt

Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
N WI
I'm looking for a recipe for hot or mild pickled polish sausages, The kind you always used to see on the back bar at the taverns. Does anyone have a good one?

yo newt,
if you get one --and its good,
pm it to me---
if it isnt posted.

i have been thinking about the barroom delicacies myself..

i got a recipe for pickled hot dogs off the web...

they probably didnt tell the secret ingrediants...

its ok...but not great..it doesnt have that sour taste i remeber...

PICKLED WIENERS (hot dogs) sausage has to be cooked or smoked
4 -- 1 lb.) pkg. wieners into bite-sized pieces
2 large onions, thinly sliced
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp salt
4 tsp cumin
4-1/2 oz. pepper sauce
4 cup white vinegar
1 tsp pickling spices
1-1/2 tsp whole black pepper

combine slice onion with wieners. mix rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. boil 3 minutes. put onions and wieners in a jar and pour sauce over them. cover tightly. refrigerate several days before serving.

sausage can be substitued in any of the following or packed with the eggs -i have done both.--sausage has to be fully cooked, or smoked.

Larry,
I found a recipe and gave it a try with little smokies b4 i try it with my own polish. Here it is,
2lb polish /kielbasa
1c water
3/4c brown sugar
3c white vinegar
1tsp crushed red peper
put sausage in jars with sliced onions, use cooked sausage and don't re-cook, boil ingredients and simmer 5 min. cool and pour over sausage and refrig a couple of days. I put in a couple drops of red food coloring to give it that nice red tint.
They're in the refrig now so i let you know how they are in a couple of days.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky