1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Picked up a Weber 26. Smoked a brisket.

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by William89, Jul 22, 2019.

1. William89

William89 Fire Starter

So I bit the bullet and picked up a 26" Weber to add to the cooker collection. What better way to try it out than throw a brisket on it. Picked up choice brisket. after trimming I seasoned with kosher salt, coarse pepper, garlic powder, and a little Cayenne.

Put my charcoal baskets to one side and lit some coals. I was looking to run 325° and it did a very good job of holding it. Wrapped in butcher paper around 170°. Total cook time was about 5.5 hours to get probe tender.
    Snapchat-883992048.jpg Snapchat-78852654.jpg

Final thoughts: I was very impressed with how easy the 26 was to run. Had to add charcoal about 3 hours in but it wasn't too big of a deal. I wouldn't want to run a low n slow 14 hour cook on it by any means. But for a hot and fast cook adding charcoal was a minor inconvenience. This cooker is great for anyone that wants to smoke and grill but doesn't have room for 3 or 4 cookers. So far I am very glad I decided to buy it.

yankee2bbq and JC in GB like this.
  2. PoukieBear

PoukieBear Smoke Blower

Looks like it was tasty!

I've always had a question about adding charcoal. Do you add it hot, or not? Or does it depend on what you're trying to achieve?

3. William89

William89 Fire Starter

I added the charcoal unlit. Brought the temp down to 300 for a few minutes then it was back up to temp. Not sure if that's the correct way to do it but it seemed to do the trick.

4. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Brisket looks good . I know if I had a 26 " kettle ,,, I would post a picture of it .

5. William89

William89 Fire Starter

Yea haha I got a little side tracked during the cook and never got a picture. Doing some drumsticks tonight, snap a picture then.

chopsaw likes this.
  6. William89

William89 Fire Starter

Snapchat-1141245827.jpg

2nd cook on it. Drum sticks rubbed with yardbird.

chopsaw and yankee2bbq like this.
  7. yankee2bbq

yankee2bbq Master of the Pit

Looks like you got that thing tuned in just right! Great job!

William89 likes this.
  8. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks good !

William89 likes this.
  9. PoukieBear

PoukieBear Smoke Blower

ooooh, pretty!

10. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice! I have a 22. These are so much fun to play with.