Philly Style Brisket Biscuit Bombs (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I need to give a shout out to our good friend Zach ( Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan ) on this one. Last weekend I posted my father's day breakfast and somehow he managed to read "brisket" into "breakfast" and was totally unprepared for the actual content of the post. If that title messed him up I hate to think what "brisket" and "biscuit" is gonna do to him :emoji_laughing:

This one has a lot of steps hence quite a few pics. The history as far as I know of the biscuit bombs started with John ( chilerelleno chilerelleno ) and was then done by another John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) both using pulled pork. Right after TN posted his I did an Italian themed version of them that came out amazing but I didn't post it. Would have been two very similar posts (his and mine) out there at the same time so the pics have just stayed in a folder on the desktop.

Start by getting the leftover brisket out of the freezer and defrosting it
002.jpg

Cut up some onions and green bell peppers
003.jpg

Slice up some brisket
005.jpg

Chop it all up
006.jpg

Put the veggies on the grill after adding a bit of EVOO and some of my beef rub
007.jpg

When the veggies are lightly softened it's time to start putting the biscuits together. Roll out the biscuits and add fresh shredded mozz
009.jpg

Veggies
010.jpg

Brisket
011.jpg

Roll it all up and tuck the bottom together to seal it. One bomb done
013.jpg

Only had room in the skillet for seven of these monsters
014.jpg

Onto the grill brushed with egg wash. Cover with the pizza dome and let the magic begin
015.jpg

All done. These look pretty good
016.jpg

Plated with some chips and a pickle
017.jpg

Cut away view
022.jpg

Close up cut away view of my second one. You can see the cheese a bit better here
024.jpg

All in all I'd say this was a successful endeavor. These were fun, interesting, different, and unbelievably tasty. Something about the flavor from the smoky brisket steaming inside of the biscuit was just off the charts. I didn't quite get the ooey gooey cheesiness that I was hoping for but that was only from a visual standpoint. It was there from a flavor and textural perspective for sure. Couple that melted cheese and the fresh veggies with the brisket and it was a home run in my book. Tracy has asked that these get done on a more regular basis. She loves brisket tacos with the leftovers but she actually preferred this over a basic taco, and I had to agree.

Thanks for dropping in and we'll see y'all on the next one.
Robert

Wow what great looking biscuit bombs and a wonderful idea for leftover brisket. The cheese looks plenty gooey to me.

“I don’t always make brisket bombs, but when I do...I drink Dos Equis.”

Stay hungry my friend.

Man does not live on the flat top griddle forever I guess Robert! Your biscuit bombs look ridiculously delicious, big Like! RAY

Those look pretty damn tasty! Love it!

Thanks so much!! Appreciate it.

Nice Robert I'd tear those up. I love anything cheesesteak-esque. Biscuits look nice and golden. Wish I had one now

I'm with ya Jake. I love pretty much anything steak but add some good cheese and fresh veggies...what's not to love?

Robert

Wow what great looking biscuit bombs and a wonderful idea for leftover brisket. The cheese looks plenty gooey to me.

Thank you Joe. Appreciate the kind words but I was looking for the cheese oozing out all over the place. It just kinda melted all through the rest of the stuff inside, but it was still really good.

“I don’t always make brisket bombs, but when I do...I drink Dos Equis.”

Do ya think they'll put me on TV? Don't know that I qualify as the most interesting man in the world but some of the weird stuff I cook might qualify :emoji_anguished:

Stay hungry my friend.

Always!! If you're in this forum and not hungry, there's something seriously wrong with you :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Oh my lord. Those look delicious! Another one for the books Robert!

Very much appreciate it Steve. They were pretty darned good, that's for sure.

Another awesome idea and adoption of someone else idea and adjusted it ot suit your taste.

To me that's half the fun of this site: the inspirations I get from reading stuff that others have posted. It certainly keeps the cogs turning trying to come up with new and fun stuff to cook.

Robert

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Robert those amazing man. I have a bag of brisket scraps in the freezer and I think I just found out what to do with them. Great idea! Another one knocked of the park buddy. BIG LIKE!

(Bowing humbly) thank you my friend. I knew as soon as I got the idea for this that you'd probably love it. Give it a shot buddy, you won't be disappointed. Side note...we have a couple days of weird weather coming and I plan to make that beef and broccoli you posted. Damn that looks good!!

Robert

Yum!!! is all I have to say.

Well, that pretty well sums it up I'd say :emoji_wink: Thank you!!

Cheesesteaks, brisket, and biscuits - 3 of the best foods. Looks awesome!

Thanks Derek!! Aren't those all food groups in and of themselves? If they aren't they very well should be....along with gravy of course :emoji_laughing:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky