Pesto stuffed loin chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
A great weeknight dinner, took 20 minutes to grill.

We had a whole pork loin loitering in the beer fridge that needed to be dealt with so thick chops it was. Cut these about 1 1/4" and slit them up the middle to fill with pesto. Treated the outside with simple Himalayan salt and black pepper.

Grilled indirect @375°f for 20 minutes pulling at an internal temperature of 140°f. Hit these with a wisp of hickory.

The pesto was made fresh from our garden, Mrs philpom does a great job!

20230503_190745_resized.jpg

20230503_190431.jpg

Hope you try this one, thanks for checking it out!

Thank you, like several of you, we don't eat chops often but when I do they are tasty! I'll try and experiment more and see what I can do. They are tough to get right, a thermometer is essential. A salt brine is ideal in order to keep them juicy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky