Pecan Ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Also a big thanks to tropics tropics for getting this powder in circulation. Rich I'm so paranoid I used a glove to take it out of the package lol
You could get a new challenge started. I mean if college students are dumb enough to eat Tide pods how about the Snorting Reaper powder challenge?? Haha

• Haha
Reactions: bdawg
You could get a new challenge started. I mean if college students are dumb enough to eat Tide pods how about the Snorting Reaper powder challenge?? Haha
That is a really bad idea!! Don't breath while opening package is recommended, don't ask me how I know/
Richie
Thanks for the mention

Reactions: jcam222 and chopsaw
I've had it on my face 3 times this week and never opened the bag !
Richie I love that stuff , but would never use all 3 of those bags . The other two are all mine though . Shared with Jake and sent him a link to the thread you did on the reapers .

I've had it on my face 3 times this week and never opened the bag !
Richie I love that stuff , but would never use all 3 of those bags . The other two are all mine though . Shared with Jake and sent him a link to the thread you did on the reapers .
Rich that is all good with me I knew it would be a lot for even a hot head LOL Thank you for sharing it with Jake I know I have been absent just , pouting feeling sorry for myself. Kicking myself in the butt leaving all of you. Hopefully Mondays results make me feel better
Richie

Reactions: TNJAKE and chopsaw
The coat your hand and take a piss challenge?
LOL that’s even better and likely less deadly. I swear I’ve been fermenting peppers for sauce like crazy. Have at least 8 going now and a couple cases of pepper sauces bottled. I wear gloves and am very careful. Despite that I always end up with some hot parts LOL

I LOVE doing smoked cashews like this, but I bet pecans would be fantastic too:

Get a big jar of cashews or whatever nuts you enjoy from Costco
pure maple syrup (real stuff -- Aunt Jemima won't work because it's half corn syrup)
garlic powder
chili powder
cayenne pepper

dump the nuts into a really big bowl so you can mix them without spilling all over
Drizzle the maple syrup into the bowl and stir it in. Repeat drizzling and mixing until they are all just damp. The goal is to add just enough to lightly wet the cashews (pecans). If you have a bunch of syrup on the bottom, you used too much.
Sprinkle a coat of garlic powder and chili powder across the top of the bowl, and mix that in.
I repeat this sprinkle/stir step 3 or 4 times. The goal here is to evenly distribute it.
Then, sprinkle and mix in however much cayenne/habanero/ghost/reaper pepper you want to suit your taste.
My personal motto is they ain't hot enough unless they're hot twice.

Spread them out as thin as possible on a smoking mat or grate so that as the syrup solidifies you don't get a solid block of nuts.
I smoke them in my RecTeq pellet smoker for 2 hours at 200F with the Amaz-n smoking tube, then turn off the smoker, and let the tube continue to burn.
Let it cool down with them still inside, about an hour or hour and a half.
Take them out, cool them all the way down and enjoy!

Here's the jar of cashews I get from Costco:
1636776322032.png

Here's 2 bags I made last week (two of those jars): You can see my smoking racks in the sink to the right.
1636776343072.png

Here's a close up showing the coverage I aim for when they are done:
1636776361418.png

So Jake... you brought up your challenge, that means you have to start it...correct? :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky