Pastrami time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Last night I got out a 4.0 pound corned beef point. And rinsed it for 2 hours. Dried. And gave it a good rub of fresh cracker pepper and coriander. And put it in the fridge for a overnight rest.

DSCN4266.jpg

This morning at 7AM. Put it in my smoker preheat for 275. And got the mailbox going with comp blend pellets. At 160IT I wrapped in foil. And brought the temp up to 325.
After 8 hours. She was done.

DSCN4270.jpg

And I just had to pull a piece off for a taste.

DSCN4272.jpg

Oh man! This turned out fantastic! It has the right amount of spices in it. The bite from the pepper really makes this a very nice pastrami.

WOW STEVE!! That looks nothing short of amazing. Don't know that I've ever seen that kind of color on pastrami but it sure looks tasty. Great job my friend!! Care to share some?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks all! The color and texture was a bit different then what i'm used to seeing. This was a different brand name of corned beef that I've used before. The pastrami was a tad saltier the I'm used to seeing after a 2 hour rinse. I'm still very happy with the results.

Looks great,,, you definitely have me wanting to try this...... I have been holding back from trying as I didn't think it would work out so well... but I am almost licking my computer screen...LOL

Looks great Steve. I've tried this a few times, it comes out ok, but still has more corned beef flavor than pastrami. I use coriander and black pepper. I smoke with maple and a little hickory.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky