Pastrami attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So i got brisket trimmed and put in pops brine, gonna let brine for about 14 days, any suggestions on rubs for it? Asking in advance in case i need to gather more ingredients, THANKS!

A finishing step is mostly for tenderness. A lot of deli's will use a steamer as it keeps the meat moist and hot because they are cutting to order. I like a pressure finish because it takes less time and I can dial in the exact tenderness I want. A wrapped finish with some lite beef broth also works. With a finish like these you only need to smoke the pastrami to 150°.

All that said, if you want it solely for sandwiches, and will be slicing it thin you can usually monitor the tenderness by probing. A 30 minute to an hour of wrapping will stop it from getting too dry.

I know you can't tell tenderness from a photo, but these were pressure finished.
X5fl4Zb.jpg
I really like pastrami burnt ends.
wPC6QML.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky