Overnight Brisket Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Still trying to get this brisket thing down and did much better this time. Prime Costco brisket wet aged about a month. Straight 50/50 course black pepper and kosher salt, excellent flavor and bark. Injected with some beef stock and on rack over french onion soup. Bradley at 250* overnight with 2/3 oak and 1/3 apple. Wrapped in butcher paper at 165*. Probed tender at 204. Done way earlier than planned. Sat 5 hrs in cooler. Separated point and made burnt ends. Was a busy night so not many pics. Really dug the straight salt and pepper. Best brisket yet. Some happy guests and neighbors. Did some great beef barbacoa in the sous vide for tacos too. Welcoming school being done and great times with my boys this summer. Still learning this brisket thing but it will come. Cheers all 🍻
IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

🍻

Attachments

• IMG_2331.jpg
    IMG_2331.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 9
Great price on a prime brisket. My Costco is staked with them. You got the bend and it looks juicy. I’ve only done a couple smaller ones and haven’t got the bend like that yet. Probably keeps me from doing more.

Reactions: jmusser
Looks good to me! Where do I line up???
At Costco to grab me another brisket! LOL. Thanks!
Great price on a prime brisket. My Costco is staked with them. You got the bend and it looks juicy. I’ve only done a couple smaller ones and haven’t got the bend like that yet. Probably keeps me from doing more.
Thank ya. It had been $2.99 all winter. Still learning here as well.
Looks good. Points if you have room at the table. Heck I’d eat standing too.
Appreciate it. You will need reservations for standing room only. Hahaha. Had a few people from the south over and they said it was pretty good. I will take that! Cooked 75 OK Smash burgers on Blackstone for grad party Saturday and had some other very happy folks. Had one doubter that quickly changed his mind after trying. Hahaha. Love cooking for people and making em smile.
Great Job!
Thank you!
YEAP! Great job! That brisket looooks good!
Thanks. I was super happy with the overall look. I sliced a bit to thick. Bark was excellent!
I like the 50/50 salt & pepper, as well and all I've used on the last couple of briskets I've cooked.
I was surprised. Did some Holy Cow last time and it was great but I wanted to try simple.
Great job !
Thanks KC!
Looks good, how long was the cook? my guess with an 11 pounder is around 6-7 hours
Thank ya! To be honest, IDK.
Those long resting periods really help. I plan for them now.
Totally agree with this Brian. I have held butts for that long but never brisket or just the flat. Stayed plenty warm. My goal was to get done way before people instead of trying to rush. Smoker was cleaned up and tucked away before guests even arrived.

looks great! but $3.49 for prime at costco....WTF...Utah costco is charging $4.19!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: jmusser
looks great! but $3.49 for prime at costco....WTF...Utah costco is charging $4.19!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Turns out Kalamazoo is now charging $4.69 a pound as of today. Pork bellies up from $2.99 to 3.89. Did get a whole ribeye to dry age for $12.99 lb. which was the best I have seen recently.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky