Other critical cooking items

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ajthepoolman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2006
Topeka
I think that the obvious items are the smoker, a thermometer and a fork, but what are some of the other items that you use on a regular basis to enhance your smoking experience?

Last night at 8 I decided to throw a thawed out chicken into my trusty Little Chief to put a smoke on it. However, a wicked wind whipped through town at about 9 last night. Needless to say, my chicken didn't even get warm, although it did get some smoke in it. I brought it in and decided to put it in my Ronco Rotisserie and see how it came out. WOW! The chicken has a great smoke flavor to it, and it was incredibly juicy! I cooked it for about an hour and a half in the rotisserie and let it sit out for 25 minutes after it was done cooking. (See Jeff, someone reads those newsletters!)

So, for me my Ronco Showtime Rotisserie has become a new found friend to compliment my inadequate Little Chief. I will let the Chief put the smoke on, and then finish stuff up in the rotisserie.

How bout you? Ever had that strange marriage of unrelated kitchen items that came together to put some damn fine meat on your plate?

Aj

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky