Ordered my Peppers!

Discussion in 'Peppers' started by travcoman45, May 7, 2009.

1. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ordered these tanight, now I gotta get some beds built!

Cayenne Sweets
    Costeno Amarillos
    Fooled You Hybrids
    Jalapeno Tams
    Senorita Hybrids

Jalapeno's an cayennes varyin from sweet ta mild ta hot! Got a dozen plants comin, should be upta my backside in peppers!

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

We are a bit ahead of ya down here Tip we are harvesting a few peppers but most of the plants still have small peppers on them

3. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It's fun watching that stuff grow! I have 10 acres but no ambition to plant anything. Too much clay and alkali. Good luck on your peppers, Tip.

4. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats, Tip! Hope to see some pics of your garden. You have the space all cleared out, or are you planting them in pots?

5. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'm jealous Tip. I had started some fooled you hybrids from seed and ruined the first batch along with several other peppers. Planted them again but out of the few seeds I had left only one grew right and is still growing.
    At least I have one.
    Cayenne Sweets sounds like a good one, I'll have to try them out next year.
    No Bhut Jolokias for you?

6. travcoman45

Gonna do some beds along the fence an the deck laurel, right where I can keep an eye on em! Seem ta be some "sticky" fingers round here lately! Might be time fer some more rock salt in the shotgun!

7. travcoman45

Place I ordered from was out, maybe next year!

8. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

If you would like I can send you some bhut seeds. The ones I did inside didn't germinate and they have a very low germination rate and are one of the most finicky peppers to grow.
    I'm planting more when the weather goes to at leasst a steady 80s during the day and hopefully I will have a few plants.
    My local nursery lady claims it is fine to put seeds out in the ground later into the season and they will still grow fine.
    If you would like some seeds message me and I will send you out some. I bought a 50 pack and have at least 30 left, and if I even get one to grow that will be more than enough.

9. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What he said gors for So.Cal. too.