OPEN FACE ROAST BEEF SAMMIE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Travis that open face sammie looks really good! Nicely done!!

That’s a favorite of mine with some cheese gravy fries on the side. You got me hungry for that now.
Thanks xray! Man some fries with all that gravy would have been awesome! Now you tell me! Lol!

So wait...... A fresh eye round and some lipton soup mix (the actual soup? or the packet?) SV'd for 22 hours at 130? That's it?
Yep....thats pretty much it. I just seasoned the eye of round with the soup mix packet. Not the onion but the "beefy onion" style. I have SV'd them for up to 30 hours before but that's getting on the verge of mushy. I saved the liquid from the vac bag after its done cooking to make the gravy with. This one had about 3/4 cup of liquid. I did sear it over hot coals after taking it out if the SV to put a "crust" on it. Super simple meal and real tasty!

Reactions: TuckersBarbeque
Looks awesome Travis! Right amount of gravy... almost needed siderails! Probably my favorite meal right there!

Ryan

YUM! That is a fav at our house too! unbelievable how tender and delish an EOR can be! (and cheap!)

Heck yea! Going to be real good with an elk roast! I have plans for a roast from a white tail for next week!

Thanks to yourself and Bear for the inspiration! Sometimes one of your fav meals get put on the back burner inadvertently!

Hope you post the white tail roast cook, look forward to it!

Reactions: Sowsage
Dude I could eat that roast beef right off the knife. Then you add in the gravy, taters and peas.....! I'd be ready for a cig and a nap after that!
Jim

Reactions: Sowsage
That did it! I'm buying a SV ASAP! That looks great Travis!
If you're looking at the first Inkbird model 100w the newer 200w has a round housing vs square and doesn't look like it has the top and bottom vents that water vapor can enter the electronics. Not sure if it matters but I put a handkerchief around the cut out opening when the SV is going as a gasket from rising vapor. They are both 1,000 watts but the newer 200w goes down to 32°. I love the 100w.

Reactions: Steve H
If you're looking at the first Inkbird model 100w the newer 200w has a round housing vs square and doesn't look like it has the top and bottom vents that water vapor can enter the electronics. Not sure if it matters but I put a handkerchief around the cut out opening when the SV is going as a gasket from rising vapor. They are both 1,000 watts but the newer 200w goes down to 32°. I love the 100w.
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking about taking a slightly different route.
Hamilton Beach Advanced Temp Tracker 6 qt. Slow Cooker | Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

I came here for advice on smoking but im so glad I discovered sous vide as well. Im going to watch some videos and look into getting one myself now! My wife doesnt mind me spending on cooking stuff because she reaps the rewards and gets to eat it!

Reactions: Millberry
I came here for advice on smoking but im so glad I discovered sous vide as well. Im going to watch some videos and look into getting one myself now! My wife doesnt mind me spending on cooking stuff because she reaps the rewards and gets to eat it!
Fishnsmoke, there is so much more to this forum than just smoking...lots of good info in all types of cooking. Especially during the winter months when some are not able to get out side to do any smoking. You'll learn a lot here. I know I have and it never stops....so much knowledge here its incredible!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky