Oktoberfest Bratwurst

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice work for sure. Those vac packages look nice, I usually lay my sausage on a cutting board or sheet pan and par freeze them first then vac seal, this keeps them from flattening.

Id be interested in your recipe if you are willing to share.

Reactions: Schwarzwald Metzger
For all of you who asked, here is the recipe...
Screenshot_20220723-063508_Facebook-picsay.jpg

For all of you who asked, here is the recipe...View attachment 638342
Thank you! I think I have everything needed except the cardamom. I've never seen cardamom in a recipe before, but there are still some things I haven't seen :-). I'll be going with bottled lemon zest, too (I hate zesting lemons).
I'm breaking this down for a 5# batch and will be trying it soon.....

Hello all...

It's been a long time since I've posted. Some major life changes happened. I decided to retire from my carrer of 29 years and leave California. I was born there, but "things" got to a point where I needed to make a change. I had an opportunity in Missouri, so my wife and I moved here. She has family here, so it's been a nice transition to midwest life.

I decided to make a 20lbs batch of bratwurst to share...

After stuffing them I let them bloom for a day in the fridge, then vacuum packed them. I grilled up a batch... They are tasty.
Looking good there. I made some last week myself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky