Oklahoma Joe's New Braunsfel Texas-style offset smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
been looking at berry bros but as of late i just got chunks from bbq island for my gasser...mike and shelton are good folk. i'm by az millseast of home depot..........i'm sure i'll have questions for mods, thx!

Just a small note about painting the firebox.

I tried every High Temp paint I could Find...and always wound up repainting at some point.

One night over a few beers at a competition I was complaining about it and the guy next to me suggested I treat it the same as I treat my cast iron.

So I scrubbed off the surface rust, fired it up and slathered it in oil.

I just put a lil oil on it every time I cook and it is as black as can be...most can't even tell it's not painted.

Just my .02

Good Luck

Congrats on your negotiation skills there chefrob. Can't wait for some views of your fantastic chilaquiles with the pulled pork off that.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

cooking oil........like canola or corn? i do have some peanut oil in the fryer that is almost spent.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky