Oil Drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sthomasaz

Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
My buddy has a 55 gallon oil drum he said I could have. Was thinking about trying to make an offset smoker out of it, mostly to see if I could do it. Has anyone ever used an oil drum as an offset? Is the metal thick enough to hold some heat in?

the first off set smoker was probably made out of drums,thickness off metal wont determine how well it cooks just how much fuel they use,also temp stability in cold weather ,it wouldn't stop me from making 1 as they sell them all day long at stores with metal no thicker

Why not an Ugly Drum Smoker? Just curious.

Chris

I dont Want to deal with the hanging meat part to be honest. I would feel more comfortable with it on a rack.

full

full

full

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky