Now the ECB has to do Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Southeast Michigan
I can't resist to make chili now on the old clunker.
I'm starting out with the basket full of RO Ridge and a couple chunks of hickory.
The Chuck 80/20 is simply started in a stainless heavy duty pot with salt n pepper , some chili flakes and season salt to start it out.
I used only a bit of foil as a deflector over the coals. It is about 48 degrees and not much wind . 4:30 p.m. I started it on the top grate in the pot.
minion with only a dozen coals lit to start. I wanted smoke on the meat before I started adding stuff. It's held 210 degrees for 30 minutes of smoke.

IMG_20171028_162443.jpg

IMG_20171028_163843.jpg

IMG_20171028_163941.jpg

Reactions: HalfSmoked
The temps should rise as the minion burns into the fresh coals and spreads. This gives me a good hour of smoke on the meat before it really needs to be tended to. I hope to go in with onion and garlic.. and the seasonings after 1 hour of smoke.

Watching!

Haha.. thanks.. I'm trying to load up the ECB category before the things are extinct.
:p

Maybe the government will give me a grant to use federal funds and tag all of the ECB smokers so we can track them for preservation purposes .. lol

W
Haha.. thanks.. I'm trying to load up the ECB category before the things are extinct.
:p

Maybe the government will give me a grant to use federal funds and tag all of the ECB smokers so we can track them for preservation purposes .. lol
~ what year did they stop making them?

I added a bunch of onion and like 4 cloves minced garlic.
IMG_20171028_173805.jpg

Seasoning too..
IMG_20171028_173853.jpg

IMG_20171028_174113.jpg

Running 260 degrees.. just bubbly..
More hickory chunks on.. this pot is already smoked and painted with creosote.. lol

It's 260 in the dome area, so this stuff is moving along good.. Added another big chunk with the tomatoes.

1509229992781-694347307.jpg

Product placement but no payoffs.. lol

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky