Not really sure where to fid this kind of turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brendontw

Original poster
Jan 19, 2013
My favorite BBQ place for a turkey sandwich has INCREDIBLY juicy turkey breast that they slice the meat off of for the sandwich.

The turkey breast "hunk" that they slice off of is pretty good size, but it doesn't have any bone in it, and it doesn't look to have had a netting around it. So I'm trying to find this kind of turkey breast hunk of meat to try smoking for myself. Any idea where to look for the meat matching my description? It seems like "turkey breast" has bone in it or is wrapped in a net. I'm find with the netted kind, but am curious about the kind not wrapped.

Buy a whole turkey......  Smoke the parts and breast separate....  be sure to brine the bird to keep it moist....  (dry or wet brine)......    Dave

Last edited:
Provide a little more info and someone might be able to help. What part of the world are you in? Maybe it's a regional thing? What shape is the "hunk" of meat? Pretty good size is kinda vague. Pretty good size for an apple, or pretty good size for a watermelon?

Is there skin on it? What kind of restaurant is it? Is it a Mom and Pop type place, or a national chain?

There are about a billion variables. My initial guess is it's probably some sort of packaged deli style turkey breast that they may or may not smoke on site. They're juicy due to the fact that they're brined, cured and processed to within an inch of their life. They're also consistent, easy and people love them.

Does it look anything like this?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky