No, I didn't sneeze on the chicken..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FowlAntics

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 22, 2020
..my garlic, lime crema was just too thick and didn't 'drizzle' as I anticipated.

20210101_180035.jpg

This is my Mexican take on roasted chicken. I made a rub using oregano, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, S&P. I spatchcocked the bird, set the back bone aside for later. Dry brined bird for about 20 hours. Roasted the chicken on the Kamado cooker at about 385 degrees.

While that was cooking I made a crema drizzle/dipping sauce. -1 clove garlic, shaved lime peal, juice of 1 small lime, salt and 2/3 cup crema.

Also during that time made the rice. Sautéed chicken backbone and frozen sweet corn in some oil, poured in rice and chicken broth (instead of water) and 1/2 crema. When rice was done, I squeezed a little lime juice in and fluffed with fork. Topped with cotija cheese and ancho chili pepper.

Lasty, I sprinkled the zucchini with line chili seasoning and olive oil and grilled on the weber kettle.

Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky