• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

No, I didn't sneeze on the chicken..

FowlAntics

Joined Dec 22, 2020
..my garlic, lime crema was just too thick and didn't 'drizzle' as I anticipated.

20210101_180035.jpg

This is my Mexican take on roasted chicken. I made a rub using oregano, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, S&P. I spatchcocked the bird, set the back bone aside for later. Dry brined bird for about 20 hours. Roasted the chicken on the Kamado cooker at about 385 degrees.

While that was cooking I made a crema drizzle/dipping sauce. -1 clove garlic, shaved lime peal, juice of 1 small lime, salt and 2/3 cup crema.

Also during that time made the rice. Sautéed chicken backbone and frozen sweet corn in some oil, poured in rice and chicken broth (instead of water) and 1/2 crema. When rice was done, I squeezed a little lime juice in and fluffed with fork. Topped with cotija cheese and ancho chili pepper.

Lasty, I sprinkled the zucchini with line chili seasoning and olive oil and grilled on the weber kettle.

Cheers!

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Looks great! I love all your flavors there. And you cant beat zucchini on the grill! Nice work!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.