Nice Bottom Round roast, what to do?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I inject with Disco's (Old Fat Guy) injection, and usually sprinkle a generous helping of SPOG as a rub. Wrap in Saran wrap, and rest in the fridge overnight, and then onto the smoker at 225° until around 125 IT. back into the fridge overnight, and slice thin the next day. Best RB, and French dip sammies I've ever had. Here is Disco's recipe.

1/2 cup beef stock
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tsp onion powder
1/2 Tsp garlic powder

Last edited:
Reactions: WaterRat
Seems like there’s agreement I can take my roast whichever direction I choose, maybe I’ll pick up a second…
Yup . Leftovers for stir fry or open faced roast beef . That's why I like to cook to rare , cool over night , then go from there . Since I'm breaking mine down , average size of a roast can be up to 4 lbs. or better .
Do you have a SV ? Another great way to go .

it's a good thing I live across the country from you, otherwise you'd find me on your doorstep long about dinnertime 2-3 times a week.
BYOB .
I hope I can figure out how to "butcher" some of these primal behemoths as well as you do.
It's a progression for sure , but gets easy after you understand what's going on . It's the only way I buy meat . I have a knuckle and a whole pork loin out there now I need to get to .

You got it my brother. Save it this time though :emoji_laughing: Here ya go:

3 T Montreal steak seasoning ground in a spice grinder
2 t Garlic powder
2 t Chili powder
1 ½ t Smoked Spanish paprika
1 t Black pepper
½ t Guajaillo pepper
1 t Ancho pepper
½ t Arbol pepper
¾ t Cayenne
1 ½ t Sugar
1 t salt
1 t Onion powder
1 ½ t Beef bouillon

I use the Montreal because it's a decent base or starter. I could spend hours replicating it but why do that when it's right in the pantry. Also, although this does not come across as salty, you can delete the salt I added and just let what's in the Montreal be all that's in there.

Robert

2 t Garlic powder
2 t Chili powder
1 t Black pepper
½ t Guajaillo pepper
1 t Ancho pepper
½ t Arbol pepper
¾ t Cayenne
1 ½ t Sugar
1 t salt
1 t Onion powder
1 ½ t Beef bouillon

I use the Montreal because it's a decent base or starter. I could spend hours replicating it but why do that when it's right in the pantry. Also, although this does not come across as salty, you can delete the salt I added and just let what's in the Montreal be all that's in there.

Robert
Thanks!

2 t Garlic powder
2 t Chili powder
1 t Black pepper
½ t Guajaillo pepper
1 t Ancho pepper
½ t Arbol pepper
¾ t Cayenne
1 ½ t Sugar
1 t salt
1 t Onion powder
1 ½ t Beef bouillon

Robert
And they have a low sodium version of the Montreal seasoning, if one wants even less.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky