Newbie smoking brisket question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fitou143

Original poster
Aug 31, 2022
So still quite new to this, I have smoked 3 or 4 briskets now, I use a maple and hickory rub leave in the fridge overnight
and then smoke in my Weber kettle using the snake method heat about 130C smoke till inner temp about 73C then wrap in foil
till 95C. About 10 hours. It comes out well and tastes excellent but it does not seem to be as moist as others I have seen online
am I missing something ?

^^^^And always allow extra time for a rest. I use a cooler stuffed with towels and let it sleep for 2 hrs to help the juices redistribute back into the meat.

Keith

Reactions: Fitou143
It takes time and temperature to dissolve collagen, that’s the good stuff that make brisket juicy.
With a good remote probe thermometer, keep an eye on IT until about 195*F at that point you know you are close. From there only probe the meat for tenderness. When the therm probe or a skewer goes in and out of the meat all over with resistance like pushing into a jar of peanut butter, pull the meat and let rest uncovered until IT drops below 180F then wrap and rest.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky