Newbee here...Big Howdy from Texas1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zero5bravo

Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Just joined after going out and purchasing a brand spanking new smoker... its a New Braunfels Bandera, vertical smoker. Still reading up on how to use it... LOL. I am a retired Texas Peace Officer, (glorified name for a cop)... served 25 years in that capacity and finally got out and going fishing, fishing, fishing... etc. I have grilled for many years but have never ever tried "smoking", now with all the time in the world, I will start "smoking" every week end. I was "surfin" and looking for advise and intructions on smoking meat and found this site. I am sure I will not regret stoping here. I appreciate any and all info on smoking beef, poultry, and pork... looking forward to a rewarding experience here...

Note: I found my smoker at the sidewalk of the Acadamy Sport Center, It had been mislabeled as a "hondo" and priced @ $135.00 compared to the others there for $198.00... made a good buy?

Thanks a wholo lot...

Welcome zero5bravo,

I am fairly new here myself. I looked for sites also when I got my smoker about 7 weeks ago. I came across this place and never left. These folks will answer all your questions. Unlike a lot of forums around the net, here I have never seen anyone be put down for asking a "silly or dumb" question.

Have fun.

Regards,

Meowey

Welcome aboard, 05B!

YES! What a deal you ventured into on your smoker. And such a deal we have for you! Pick a topic and read through the posts and you will be amazed at the free info we have here! And as a new smoker you may want to sign up for Jeff's "Five Day Basic Smoking Course". It is totally free and well worth your time to check it out!

If you have any questions at all just find the appropriate thread and post your query. If you are still unsure don't be shy and 10-9 us! We are all happy to help and have fun doing it!

Now that you are 10-42 regular duty you have a whole bunch of new brothers and sisters to cover your butt(s), chicken and whatever else you can squeeze into your smoker!

Happy you found us!
Cheers!
Monty

Welcome to the family zero5bravo! We're glad you found us. This is a wonderful place to learn. If it weren't for all of the advice and support of the folks here, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d be no where. Keep us posted on your smokes, send lots of pictures, and get ready to live!!

From one former Law Dawg to another, Welcome to SMF. As has been pointed out, there is a lot of great info in the pages of this forum and a bunch of Great folks that will share their expertise with you.
So grab a cold one, kick back and read on. When you find something that makes your stomach growl, you've found your first smoke project. :D

you have found the right spot, these guy's know what is going on, i have learned so much in the few days i have been on this site, i love these guy's have another cold one and keep on smoking.

10-8 here thanking all of you that came on and gave me a good welcome... specially my fellow former Peace Officers... Today us Sunday and have my smoker primed and ready to SMOKE!! Wish to thank srmonty for advise to sign up for the 5 day smoking course... reading day two as of today... thanks again to those that welcomed me and lookig forward to a super smoking experience... God bless you all...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky