New York Strips Cajun Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tag0401

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 5, 2018
Elgin SC
A little Thursday night grill action. Had some New York strip steaks I picked up and decided to cook them seasoned with some Cajun seasoning and Cajun butter. Turned out pretty good. They were a bit salty from the Tony Chaceres but with a seasoning with less salt content they have major potential. Notes for the next go.
28C0819F-C896-4C6D-956E-51D56C3D4A43.jpeg
3261C29C-545F-4E7F-B924-E682CE20588D.jpeg

Looks tasty!

Don't forget to start with unsalted butter next time too!

Looks tasty!

Don't forget to start with unsalted butter next time too!

I did take that into consideration, I believe my seasoning was the culprit

Those look good. I love salty, and strip loin is my favorite steak.
Gary
You would have liked these then!!

tag0401 tag0401
You know Tony C makes a "No Salt" version too?
I didn't know that, I will have to give it a try. I have never had an issue the the regular Tony C's until i coated the steak and also put it in the butter that topped the steak.

Those sure look good. I like to use this Cajun seasoning. I usually get it at my local GFS. May not be as spicy as Tony's, but the sodium is significantly less, so you can use more of it and not need a gallon of water afterwards.

I remade these steaks with unsalted butter and no salt tony C's, Perfect!! Thanks for the help folks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky