New Traeger Owner Here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steelgtr

Original poster
Sep 27, 2020
Hi Guys

One of my customer gave me an old Junior (not Elite) smoker. It's pretty rusty but fire right up with some pellets that were left over. It has the old 3 way temp control and we did a quick internal temp check with our Thermapen Smoke. The swing was pretty significant on Smoke and Med (forget what the range was) but neither provided close to a 225° desired temp; smoke too low, med to high. I'm looking into upgrading the temp controller to an acceptable aftermarket one, don't want to invest too much in the old rust bucket :)

These are a few I am looking at but I don't know where the sensor (RTD?) is on the old 3 pos model and if this model can even be upgraded? Going to try some baby backs today with some pit boss apple pellets we got at Wally world.

Thanks for any advise,

bob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky