• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New To UDS But Very Interested With Questions.

bigdaddylove

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 7, 2010
Hi guys as i said i'm fairly new to smoking and Very new to the idea of UDS's.  First what is the main reason to go from the side fire box on my smoker that i have now to a UDS?  How do you add more fuel to the fire on a long smoke?  How do you get in to spritze your ribs,butt, Ect?  any and all feed back will be appreciated

dave54

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 12, 2009
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43943

check out the above link

1  more even temp controll  pretty much after you get the temp set you want ,it's good to go

2 you dont have too , load a full basket and your good for 10 to 14 hours

3 lift the lid and spritz away

4  once you get used to it it's pretty much set it and forget it 

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Pretty much what Dave said. It's an extremely easy cooker to use.

coffee_junkie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 17, 2009
Yep, what Dave Said, grab a 6 pack and start reading the thread on the link he provided.

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
I must agree with everything said above.

As far as the spritz, I am using a lower half of a weber grill and I point my pump up sprayer in the old vent holes from the grill and spray away.

Another thing is they light up fast. Three hours start to finish last night for chicken parts. And it was pretty darn tastey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks