New to Smoking and New Member as well....Colorado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Blowby

Original poster
Jul 13, 2021
Picked up a New Braunfels a few months ago (free on CL) and have smoked with it about 25-30 times. Nothing that is longer than 12 hours from starting coal to finished resting so no brisket. Family and friends are happy but to me it's not quite there LOL...

Hope to learn a lot on this forum.

BTW I stumbled on a Yoder Loaded Witchita yesterday and jumped on it ASAP. 2019 build date and owner said it was used 3 times by his wife, so like new.
First smoke was Elk backstrap with a 30 second per side sear. Yum. This Yoder is a different animal, moving up in the smoking world.

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to SMF!

Looks like you're moving up in the world.. and this is a great place to gather information

Reactions: Blowby
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I’ll post some rib pictures on the new smoker this weekend.

The old smoker that I will pass on to my youngest son to get another generation started.

7B7799D7-051A-4680-B0D9-969D50BB3A87.jpeg

F6F76CDA-1795-4691-8731-9C0872F238B7.jpeg

Yoder Loaded Witchita under wraps until Sunday.
45D3D0F9-1497-45C4-BF1D-742A3472B695.jpeg

Passing a good one on to the son. And really hate you gotta look at that background while your cooking! What part of the country do you call home.

Jim

*edited- Guessing that if I would have really read the thread title I'd have answered my own question.

Last edited:
Passing a good one on to the son. And really hate you gotta look at that background while your cooking! What part of the country do you call home.

Jim

*edited- Guessing that if I would have really read the thread title I'd have answered my own question.
Jim, I'm in Boulder County, CO.
I told my son we need to do a few cooks before he carts it away. Trying to pass on a little knowledge or mistakes to avoid.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky