New Sourdough Starter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
I got a new jar so I mixed up some dry starter I have had for while, Kensington Market SD. Made a sticker for it in pink (wifes 5 year clean breast cancer) Since I have cryptids of squatch and yeti why not do Loch Ness.

Thinking on going to the state and getting a license to sell food products when we go to craft shows.

IMG_4365.JPG

I bought some powdered starter off of Ebay a while back. Supposed to be from a very old strain from San Francisco & advertised as "very strong!" Yeah, I guess so. I fed it in the evening on the 4th day, and this is what I woke up to.

Resized_20230818_062234.jpg

I'm trying Judy's Ear recipe with it now.

Reactions: JLeonard
I bought some powdered starter off of Ebay a while back. Supposed to be from a very old strain from San Francisco & advertised as "very strong!" Yeah, I guess so. I fed it in the evening on the 4th day, and this is what I woke up to.
You can get starter for free (almost).
Send them a self addressed , stamped, #10 envelope to them and they will send you a strain that has been kept going from 1847.
1847 Oregon Trail Starter

The do accept donations to help keep it going.

I gave a mason jar with one cup of starter to a friend at work. She made the mistake of putting it in the back seat of her hot car. When she got off work there was starter from one end of the car to the other. LOL
Powerful stuff when it gets going.

• Wow
Reactions: mneeley490
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky