new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coxc

Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
madera calif
i have a cheap brinkman charcoal and water smoker , i cant get the thing to stay hot enough , i would like to buy a good quaility smoker can anyone steer me in the right direction .

This is probably in the wrong section. But I'm new around here to, so what do I know.
biggrin.gif

I just bought a gas smoker at wal-mart (GOSM) for $80. Was listed for $99. Smoked some beer can chicken this weekend and came out really good.

Hia Coxc-- stop into the Roll Call forum and give us an intro post. As far as the smoker you have, you need to make a few modifications to it. Look thru the Charcoal Smokers threads...there several good posts on your unit. First thing I'd suggest is an expanded metal charcoal basket. The pan you have sux.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky