new smoker/grill break in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

theoldmonkey

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
royal oak, michigan
just took delivery of a grilla smoker. they say to wash the grill grates, and run @450 for 45 minutes. should I just do that? or spray some kind of cooking spray or something? any tips or ideas on this please share. thx for any input peace, randy.

I would wait on spraying, it will get a good coat when you start cooking and Congrats

thanks, will do fellas...I will do a high heat for a hour, then turn on the low heat with lots of smoke. after the high heat I was thinkin of rubbin the interior with a piece of beef fat.

I really don't think you need to rub fat inside, I would just season with the heat and smoke and you should be good to go.

im all set to go...after about 1/2 hour I could smell the paint a lil. ran for other hour, and could smell nothing. ran it at 180 smoke mode for a hour. shut down cooled and covered. now im thinking what my first cook will be. thx again for those willing to take the time to help me. peace, randy.

im all set to go...after about 1/2 hour I could smell the paint a lil. ran for other hour, and could smell nothing. ran it at 180 smoke mode for a hour. shut down cooled and covered. now im thinking what my first cook will be. thx again for those willing to take the time to help me. peace, randy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky