New smoker from texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texas smokin

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 16, 2022
Dallas-Fort Worth
I'm finally dipping my toes into the world of smoke and just expanding my outdoor cooking skills. Up to now I've been a basic burger, dog and steak guy on a gas grill. Always wanted to do more and am now making that commitment. After 6-9 months of research and countless hours watching video, Google searching and talking to experienced smokers, I bought a new Yoder YS640s and looking forward to getting that in a few weeks.

In the meantime, I'm watching more cooking videos and wanted to take advantage all the experience on this board. Been lurking for awhile but thought it was time to join.

Look forward to the ideas, feedback and discussions

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to SMF from SE GA and sounds like you're off to a great start!
This is a great place to learn and share ideas.
And remember...
pics or it didn't happen 🤣

Keith

Reactions: texas smokin
Welcome from central Texas. What part of the state do you call home?

Not sure exactly which message you're referring to but a lot of the good folks are just welcoming you to the family from all over the US and Canada.

Robert

Hi Robert! Thank you and everyone for such a warm welcome. I'm from the DFW area.

I was initially replying to zain3737 above with that question. I didn't really understand his post and wasn't sure if it was directed to me. He wrote:

"However, when a food is listed as 'Texas Style' it usually means that it has been prepared in line with Central Style BBQ. Central Texas Style is large cuts of meat, like brisket, seasoned with just salt and black pepper, and then cooked low and slow over indirect heat. Hickory and post oak are popular smoking woods,"

Welcome from Mississippi. Hide your credit cards! We'll find all kinds of ways to spend your money on "gotta haves"....LOL. Or so my wife says.
Jim

Reactions: texas smokin
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky