New Profile Posts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is on your profile page. You can change it daily or comment on other persons updates

Sorry, but I still don't know what that means. What can be changed daily? How do you comment on other person's updates. I went to my Profile Page and it is so convoluted with so many categories that I can't make heads or tails from all of them. I think I liked the old system much better.

This is your profile post you can delete and update.

IMG_20180130_113946.png

Ok so from what I can figure out the "New Profile Posts" allow you to see someones profile, and allows you to add a comment to their profile. I was able(I think) to add this comment to Rings profile. Clicking three dots test. I did this by clicking on the 3 dots in the lower right corner. I wasn't able to see my comment after I wrote it however. Rings feel free to delete my comment. Haven't figured out any usefulness of this option.

Chris

Thanks....I will keep on investigating. I think I will figure it out eventually.

Ok so from what I can figure out the "New Profile Posts" allow you to see someones profile, and allows you to add a comment to their profile. I was able(I think) to add this comment to Rings profile. Clicking three dots test. I did this by clicking on the 3 dots in the lower right corner. I wasn't able to see my comment after I wrote it however. Rings feel free to delete my comment. Haven't figured out any usefulness of this option.

Chris

It should look like this where you update your status.. which is same as profile comments.
IMG_20180130_122443.png

Rings, I can see your message on my profile, but cannot see my message on your profile.

Chris.

Thanks for all the responses .

From what I have gathered the New Profile Posts section really has little use or value to me personally. Instead of becoming frustrated and confused by it I will just simply ignore it. If I wish to discover something about a member I will PM him /her (ops now called Conversations) and communicate via that medium. Sometimes change is not the greatest thing to some people.

Thanks all,

John

Last edited:
I feel your pain John. I can`t think of any use for it either. If I want to learn about a member, I just click on his name and go to his profile page.
Gary

I tend to wonder who comes up with these convoluted new methods of doing things?

Life was so much simpler before.

Take care my friend,

John

I guess it's a tweet for SMF when someone visits your profile.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky