New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp on the drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Really good looking dish, I have a very similar recipe I make in the kitchen, never thought about putting it on the smoker. I would like to know about the bread in the picture, is it homemade or store bought? TIA

I was in NOLA a couple of weeks ago and that looks as good as anything I saw in the French quarter. Very nice
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Reactions: leah elisheva
Thank you Westkyguy and Scuba!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Westky, it was some home made beer bread. It's easy to make...
I am getting ready to post some pics of another batch I did this weekend.

Jeane -

Just came across this thread. Nice job. New Orleans BBQ shrimp (like you do it with bitter and spices) is one of my favorite dishes to cook. I use a reciepe from Paul Purdhomes cookbook. Always killer. I will have to try this on the smoker next time out.

Thanks.

Thank you John and Dan!

John, I will look for his recipe. I bet it's a good one!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Thanks!

Dan, I love seafood too!
smile.gif

Thanks for the post Cowgirl! I am new to this site and smoking in general. Although this was posted almost 5 years ago, it teaches on! It reminds my when we first moved to New Orleans, in 1999. We one of the first nights we were there we went to the City Grill in Mid Town.. I ordered New Orleans BBQ'd shrimp....when they brought it out May two young men (10 & 11) were shocked, my bowl was full of head on shrimp in what looked liked dirty water, with antenna hanging over the side...I must have looked a little shocked too 'cause the waitress asked if would rather have something else. I said, no, mostly because I wanted to encourage my sons to try new things...man am I glad I kept the plate...one of my altimeter favorite dishes. We ended up moving to Madisonville on the Northshore of Lake Pontchatrain. We lived in a community on the riiver just nort of the lake and ther was a comity seafood boil going almost every day near the pool and in no time our boys where often feeding themselves ans others as the community boys would catch crabs and fish for the boil...it was a great 3 years,..now here in VA I can't find head on shrimp... After reading your post...I'll be looking again!

Dannyubc

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky