New Member - Smoker Upgrade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

elkhorn98

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Occidental, CA
I have had a combo charcoal/propane/electric bullet smoker for about 4 years and have done salmon, jerky, pork shoulder, and ribs. Most things have turned out OK and definitely eatable. I will be getting a new Masterbuilt electric smokehouse tomorrow. I know it is not a manly wood burning smoker but it should be good for what I want to do...easily control the temp and make some hassle free good eats.

Hey Elkhorn, I am sure you will be happy
smile.gif
You probably already have, but check out the forum for electric smokers. The bottom line is you're happy and the food is awesome
icon_exclaim.gif

Be sure and share your experiences after you break in the new rig
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

ELkhorn -

We just smoke food it doesn't matter what we smoke it in. You don't have to make excuses for what you cook in. It's not the smoker that make good BBQ it's the chef in front of it!

PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

cheech - this is the new model with the air damper and door lock so I should be good to go. I also got this smoker for free with my cabelas points so that was a bonsus.

Welcome to the SMF elkhorn98, good luck with yor new smoker and let us know how you like it.

I'm in the middle of my first smoke with the new smoker...3 fatties and 2 racks of st. Louis ribs. Did JD reg, hot, and sage. Just ate them and everyone like dhte hot and sage best...No rub on the fatties.

I put water, apple juice and some rub in the water pan. Ribs still have about an hour...Can't wait to open up the foil.

Carhart??? Cabelas points are 1% toward cabelas purchases from everything you buy on your credit card. The scary thing is to get $200 means I spent $20,000 on my credit card over the last year and a half! I just charge everything I can and pay it off each month. The credit card company probably hates people like me.

Elkhorn -

If you know how to use the system ans stick to it there's all kinds of free stuff to be had. Most people don't stick to the plan and get in over their heads - they love that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky