New member. Question on first smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Puggin4Life

Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Good day all! New member here from Eastern Iowa. I've been looking for a few weeks into an electric smoker. I've seen many recommend the MES 40 2.5. I would like to keep my budget around $250-$300.

Sams Club is offering the following at $100 off for a total of $229 for black friday.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/40-in...5UXufUYJnugfWZKoG5uupQ&pubNAME=Slickdeals+LLC

Anyone have experience with this one? Compared to the MES 40 2.5?

Thank you! Looking forward to learning this new hobby.

Bob

Buy it at $229.00. Hopefully you can get it at your local Sam's and can take it back if there is an issue. I'm not a fan of 3rd party big item delivery.
Good day all! New member here from Eastern Iowa. I've been looking for a few weeks into an electric smoker. I've seen many recommend the MES 40 2.5. I would like to keep my budget around $250-$300.

Sams Club is offering the following at $100 off for a total of $229 for black friday.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/40-in...5UXufUYJnugfWZKoG5uupQ&pubNAME=Slickdeals+LLC

Anyone have experience with this one? Compared to the MES 40 2.5?

Thank you! Looking forward to learning this new hobby.

Bob

One of the best resources on the forums, Bearcarver has used MES products for years. You might want to direct message him.

Buy it at $229.00. Hopefully you can get it at your local Sam's and can take it back if there is an issue. I'm not a fan of 3rd party big item delivery.

For the money, seems to be alright. Hoping to pick it up at the local club as I also don't love big item delivery.

This latest BT Mes 340G looks to have a more sudstantial door and four wheel casters to be moved with food in it if necessary. Some have reported upgraded wiring with this model.

This latest BT Mes 340G looks to have a more sudstantial door and four wheel casters to be moved with food in it if necessary. Some have reported upgraded wiring with this model.
Thanks. I'm going to purchase later this week for the sale price of 229 on black Friday

That looks like a good deal. Cabela's Black Friday price for Gen1 sale at $149...

While you wait to pick the smoker up, consider:
Doing the 5 day e-course;
If you liked the e-course, grab Jeff's book/rub and sauce recipes;
AMNPS with a few different pellets and dust;
Instant read thermometer to double check built in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky