New Member From Cedar Rapids, IA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

overbla

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hello all:

I have always been a big fan of meat in general. I have a background of working in a meat department for 5+ years throughout college which introduced me to smoking meat. I started with a vertical electric smoker and then moved on to a vertical charcoal smoker. I have also used a smoker with a firebox (which i had the best luck with). 

Recently I have stepped up the interest and have been wanting to build my own smokehouse in my backyard. I don't want it to be anything big, but something that would house a few turkeys, fish, or even a small hog. At this point I have just been researching but want to get the ball rolling. I am seeking info from anyone who may have experience in this. I think I have a good set up in mind but just dont know where to start. 

Hello and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad you joined in the fun

Welcome, I am close by in Muscatine.  Do  a search for smoke houses and I am sure you will comeup with some good answers.  Somone here has likely posted on it.

Ron

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky