New in New Jersey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

VexedMeats

Original poster
Apr 3, 2022
Hey all - just thought I’d post up a quick hello while I spend a little time getting acquainted with my new toy.

Finally got my Marshall this week and she’s currently heating up for her seasoning.

Big upgrade for me having previously only had a small electric chip smoker due to apartment rules. I’ve already learned a lot from reading these forums and appreciate all the knowledge this community shared!

Attachments

• 96878AA0-2D44-4F77-9C1B-E524D4D57C50.jpeg
    96878AA0-2D44-4F77-9C1B-E524D4D57C50.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 17
Welcome from Ga. originally from Iselin, NJ. Where in Jersey are you from? You'll find this is the best place to be.

Welcome from Ga. originally from Iselin, NJ. Where in Jersey are you from? You'll find this is the best place to be.
Small town called Cresskill in Bergen County. It’s a hill neighborhood so until I get some friends out to visit me my smoker is living in my driveway lol

Reactions: MJB05615
Welcome from Kentucky. I spent 18 years of my life in north Jersey. Morris county.

Welcome to the forums, happy to have ya join the fun.

Chris

Welcome Vexed!!
I spent a lot of days in Jersey, inspecting Cell Towers all over the state!
Glad you joined us!

Bear. from Macungie, PA

Update: First cook, kept it simple with a whole chicken results came out good, I think? Tasted good anyway..

Smoker was easy to keep a steady temp. I cooked at about 260-275 throughout. Skin came out with a nice crunch.
A4913EDF-A429-4296-928A-B5ADD350DBC3.jpeg

Reactions: MJB05615 and DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky