New guy with new house

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pops, I'm wonderin  (now I'm 65 so i get to wonder allot)  if the AMNPS when located very low in the house just wasn't seeing enough air.  Was yours setting on the floor or was it raised a little?

My air intake is about 2 inches off the floor and I plan to add another intake on the opposite wall.   I figure to mount the AMNPS in the middle between the two air intakes and about 2 inches off the floor. 

Ray

I have a new spot for my AMNPS......

130c2b0f_010.jpg

Uhhhh... dang, hold on, I've got mail!

1670d18e_018.jpg

I'll be doing a thread on it soon...!  look for it!

Hey Ray you have a great looking house do you by chance have any dimensional plans for it? I would love to make something about that size this summer.

I dont have any drawn out plans.  I just started.

Basic structure started out as 3/4 in plywood box with inside dimensions or 30 x 30 x 67.

Cut the doors

then added a cedar exterior.

and added a roof.

cut intake vent in lower wall

cut exhaust hole in ceiling and roof

added interior side rails for racks and stuff

shucks man I just started and made it up as we went along.  Now thats not true.  I did allot of researching on this site and printed pictures of things I liked. That gave me the ideas of where we were going with this and what I wanted the finished product to look like.

First I'd like to say that's a very nice smoke house.  I want to build one for myself.  I've been reading and learning on this site for a little while now.  I like that burner you used.  You said it maintains 250 at idle, will go lower?  I'm looking at around 200 - 225 range for brisket and ribs.  Also could you let me know where you got it from or the name so I can do a search.  My wife never likes me finding new site.  It always leads to more stuff I want to get.  I want to do some sausage and that bacon I've been reading about has my mouth watering.  Thanks for all the great ideals and wisdom learned from everyone.

That burner was found by Pop's at Northern Tool. If I remember right price was maybe 35 or in that range.  It works very well. I had it running propane with only the two outside burners on. With three burners each with its own valve you can run it almost any temp you need.  My cooks most of the time are at 225.

I have now run a natural gas line over to where the Lil House is. I switched out to a little larger turkey fryer burner.  I haven't fully explored whether the larger one was really required or not, I just had a problem getting temp up and blamed it on the three valve burner.  It may just have been how I got gas to the burner.  Lines may have been my issue.

Running propane that lil three burner works great, I recommend it.  Pop's has run it more than anyone that I'm aware of.

Ray, you guys are so talented with wood work. I may not even post my smoker photos. Super nice. CF

Pop's what a grand idea, I may just have to copy that. Smoke but no mess. CF

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky